Burak with cheese
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 people
- A cup of flour.
- Half a cup of butter.
- Half a cup of water.
- Quarter of a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- A cup of white cheese.
- A quarter cup of chopped parsley.
- Corn oil.
How to prepare
- Put the flour, butter, water, baking powder and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer, using the dough hook.
- Run the mixer until the dough forms and separates from the edges of the bowl.
- Run the mixer on a slow speed for four minutes, until the dough becomes elastic and smooth.
- Form the dough into a medium-sized disk, put the dough in a wide dish, cover it with a piece of nylon, and leave the dough to rest for one to two hours.
Prepare the filling:
- Put the cheese and parsley in a deep bowl, and stir them using the cheese fork, trying to break the cheese into very small pieces.
- Put half of the dough on a surface sprinkled with dough, and spread it using a rolling pin to a circle about four millimeters thick, and cut the dough using a round biscuit cutter into circles.
- Put a little filling in the center of the dough circles, and close the dough circle to become a semicircle.
- Fix the edges of the dough well so that the filling does not come out during frying, and complete the formation of the rest of the dough into pools with cheese.
- Put a small amount of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until the oil is hot.
- Fry the cheese puddles in batches until golden, and transfer them to a piece of kitchen paper to get rid of the excess oil.
- Serve hot cheese pools directly with appetizers.