Aleppo kibbeh is one of the delicious food items that can be served as a main dish along with salad and soup, or as a kind of appetizer. Kibbeh is one of the oriental meals with a wide spread in the Levant, specifically in Syria and Lebanon. It also reached other Arab countries such as Iraq, specifically the city of Mosul. And Kuwait, with the slight difference in the way it is prepared from one country to another in terms of taste and shape, and there are different types of kibbeh, which are often named after the place that is famous for its preparation, or the way it is prepared, or one of its main ingredients. In what follows, we will show you how to prepare a type of kibbeh, which is “Aleppo kibbeh”, along with a very delicious type of salad.
How to prepare Aleppo kibbeh
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Three cups of rice.
- Frying oil.
- Salt, to taste-.
- Filling Ingredients:
- Two medium onions, finely chopped.
- Salt, to taste-.
- One teaspoon of seven spices.
- A little chopped parsley or celery.
- Five hundred grams of finely minced meat.
- A tablespoon of raisins.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- ¼ cup of blanched almonds, finely chopped and fried.
- Boil the rice on the fire without adding oil, then add both salt and turmeric, and when the rice is done, remove it from the fire, and set it aside to cool.
- We start preparing the filling by flipping the onions in a saucepan over the fire with the oil until it wilts, then add the minced meat with stirring, adding salt and seven spices.
- When the meat is done, add parsley or celery, and both almonds and raisins.
- Knead the rice vigorously with your hands until it becomes firm and becomes like dough, with the possibility of using a stand mixer as well.
- We form the dough by hand in the form of discs, and make a hole in the center of each disc, then fill the disc with the meat filling that we prepared earlier.
- When the filling of the disc is finished, we close the gap well, in order to avoid the filling from coming out of the disc during the frying process, and then pellet it into a rounded oval shape.
- We heat the abundant oil well over the fire in a medium-deep pot, so that the kibbeh discs are then placed in it, 4 to 5 discs and no more; As it will fluff during the frying process and increase in size.
- When you have finished frying the kibbeh discs, remove them from the pot, and place them on paper towels; To absorb the excess oil, it is ready to serve.