How to make Kibbeh Nayeh (Raw Kibbeh)
What is Kibbeh Nayeh?
Kibbeh is one of the most famous types of food, which is spread in the Levant in general, especially in Syria and Lebanon, where Syria is considered the origin of the kibbeh dish in general. Grilled kibbeh, stuffed kibbeh, and kibbeh nayeh. Kibbeh nayeh (raw kibbeh) is characterized by being eaten with its raw meat, and it is one of the types of kibbeh that is characterized by its delicious taste, and its many benefits, as the meat retains its characteristics in it, and retains its flavor, and most likely, the raw meat used in making the kibbeh nayeh does not cause Damage due to the addition of spices and spices rich in antioxidants, which eliminates any pathogen, which can be present in the meat used in its preparation. Kibbeh is served in the form of appetizers with the main dishes, and it is one of the most delicious types of appetizers loved by adults and children alike, and which can be eaten throughout the year, especially during the holy month of Ramadan.
kibbeh Nayeh (raw kibbeh) Preparation Method
- Two cups of fine bulgur.
- Half a kilogram of lean lamb.
- Six tablespoons of olive oil.
- Onion cut into quarters.
- A tomato cut into quarters.
- Ten green mint leaves.
- Two tablespoons of grated lemon peel.
- Three cloves of garlic.
- teaspoon dried coriander
- Half a teaspoon of cumin.
- Half a teaspoon of white pepper.
- Half a teaspoon of ginger powder.
- a tablespoon of salt.
- A tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- Roasted pine nuts.
- Roasted almond.
- Lemon cut into slices.
- Soak the bulgur in a bowl of lukewarm water for a quarter of an hour.
- Add to the soaked bulgur onions, cumin, white pepper, ginger powder, mint leaves, lemon zest, olive oil, salt, coriander, garlic, and mix the ingredients together well.
- Add tomatoes and meat, and mix the ingredients again.
- Put all the ingredients in an electric meat grinder, twice in a row, until you have a smooth mixture.
- Mix the raw kibbeh dough well, shape it by hand until it is completely mixed. You can serve it in a plate or formed into small balls.
- Decorate the kibbeh nayeh with green mint leaves, chopped parsley, chopped walnuts, roasted pine nuts, roasted almonds, or any kind of nuts, and add tomato slices, lemon slices, green olives, black olives, and olive oil, and serve immediately.
- It is possible to add a little hot sauce to the dough, if your family like spicy food.