Moussaka With Minced Meat Recipe
Moussaka with minced meat
Moussaka with minced meat is one of the most famous Egyptian dishes. The moussaka was known it there at first, and then spread in many Arab countries, including: Palestine, Jordan, Syria, and many other countries. The moussaka dish is very special and favorite foods of many people, and this dish contains many nutrients necessary for the body, including protein, vitamins, and fats.
How to prepare Eggplant Egyptian Moussaka with Minced Meat
- A kilogram of eggplant, large size.
- Half a kilogram of minced meat, mixed with a little fat.
- A large onion.
- Two large fresh tomatoes.
- one green sweet pepper.
- A clove of garlic.
- frying oil.
- A teaspoon of salt.
- A teaspoon of mixed spices.
- A half teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste.
- a glass of water.
- Peel the eggplant, then cut it into slices, sprinkle it with salt and fry it in frying oil until it turns golden brown.
- Cut the onion into small pieces, and sauté it until it turns brown, then add the minced meat and stir.
- Cut sweet pepper and tomato into small square pieces, then add the sweet pepper and tomato to the meat, stir and leave it on a low heat until it is completely cooked, then add salt and spices.
- prepare the fried eggplant, and put half of the quantity in the tray in an orderly manner, then put the meat mixture with onions, peppers and tomatoes on top of it until a layer is formed, then put the remaining eggplant on top of the meat.
- Add the tomato paste into a cup of water and stir it well until it melts, and then put it over the eggplant tray. Put the tray on medium heat until it boils, and then it in the oven until it turns golden brown.
- Serve the moussaka dish with minced meat hot with fresh bread and some cold salads such as cucumber salad with yogurt.
How to Prepare the Greek Moussaka
Ingredients of Greek moussaka
- Two medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cut into strips.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- 500 grams of ground beef.
- Onion, medium size, peeled and finely chopped.
- Two tablespoons of crushed garlic.
- A can of tomato sauce.
- A tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Small spoon of salt.
- A teaspoon of black pepper, ground.
- Three tablespoons of butter.
- Two tablespoons of flour.
- A cup of fresh cream.
- One egg.
- Half a cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover a tray with baking paper, and grease it with oil.
- Peel the eggplant and cut it into semi-thick slices, then brush the eggplant slices with oil on both sides and put them in the tray, then put the tray on the grill until the color of the eggplant slices turns brown.
- Grease a tray with oil, and put half of the eggplant slices on its bottom.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then add the minced meat and onions, and stir well until the meat is cooked.
- Add garlic, tomato sauce, oregano, half a teaspoon of salt and pepper to the meat mixture, then pour the mixture over the eggplant slices.
- Pour the remaining eggplant over the meat mixture.
- To prepare the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a pan, then add the flour, half a teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
- Gradually pour the fresh cream over the mixture, and leave it on a medium heat until it thickens with constant stirring.
- Beat the egg well in a small bowl, then pour it over the sauce over the egg, and mix well until the ingredients are homogeneous.
- Add Parmesan cheese to the sauce, stir again and pour over the eggplant.
- We put the tray in the oven at a temperature of two hundred degrees Celsius for about thirty-five minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, slice and serve.