Meat & PoultryMiddle Eastern RecipesRamadan RecipesRecipesSaudi RecipesSoups
Ramadan Iftar (Breakfast) Recipes
Many people have difficulty determining the dishes to be served on the dining table in the blessed month of Ramadan, as they are looking for foods that are nutritionally integrated and delicious, as breakfast is the main and only meal after a long day of fasting, so this article will give you an idea on how to prepare a simple and easy Ramadan Iftar (breakfast).
Main meal-Chicken Kabsa
- Six small pieces of chicken.
- A cup and a half of long-grain rice (Basmati rice).
- Onion finely chopped.
- One finely chopped tomato.
- Six teaspoons of tomato puree.
- Half a cup of dried grapes (raisins).
- A quarter cup of oil.
- A tablespoon of mixed spices.
- One and a half tablespoons of ground cardamom.
- Four cloves of crushed garlic.
- A piece of dried lemon (Loomi).
- Cinnamon stick.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add and ½ tablespoon of cardamom powder, cinnamon stick, black lemon, garlic, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, raisins and salt. Stir the mixture and add the chicken. When chicken turns bright brown on both sides, pour water to cover the chicken.
- Leave it for thirty minutes until it is cooked.
- Lift the chicken pieces and put them on a tray, then put them in the preheated oven on a medium heat to get a nice color, taking care not to over-roast so that it does not dry out.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and leave it aside until the kabsa is ready.
- Filter the chicken broth into another bowl.
- Put the rice in a saucepan, and add three cups of the prepared broth to it.
- Put the pot on medium heat until the broth boils, then reduce the heat and leave the rice until completely cooked.
Mushroom and Cream Soup
- A quarter cup of butter.
- A cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Four teaspoons of flour.
- 3 cups of chicken broth.
- A cup of cream for cooking.
- Salt and black pepper – to taste.
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a high heat and saute the mushrooms for at least five minutes.
- Add the flour to the pot, then pour the chicken broth and the cinnamon and leave the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the cooking cream into the saucepan and add salt and spices.