AppetisersLebanese RecipesMiddle Eastern RecipesRamadan RecipesRecipesSyrian Recipes
Chickpea Fatteh (Bread with Chickpea and Yogurt) Recipe
Hummus (Chickpea) Fatteh
Chickpea fatteh is one of the popular dishes known in the Arab countries, especially in the Levant. There are many recipes for preparing chickpea fatteh and they differ from one country to another, and today we will present an easy and quick recipe for preparing chickpea fatteh at home without making any effort.
How to make Chickpea Fatteh (bread with Chickpea and Yogurt)?
- Four pieces of Lebanese bread.
- 2 cups of yogurt.
- 3 tablespoons of hummus
- Two tablespoons of tahini.
- Two cups of chickpeas.
- Pinch of salt.
- Quarter cup of lemon juice.
- Three cloves of crushed garlic.
- Two tablespoons of butter ghee.
- 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds, for garnish.
- 2 tablespoons of toasted cashews, for garnish.
- Soak the chickpeas the night before in a quantity of cold water and cover it well.
- chickpeas are boiled the next day, after filtering, in a quantity of cold water and over a medium heat for an hour, or until they are cooked and become soft.
- Cut the bread into medium size squares and deep-fry it (or toast it in the oven for healthier option).
- Mix yogurt, hummus, tahini, lemon, garlic, and salt in another bowl.
- Start putting the layers. Put the bread in a bowl, add a cup of boiled chickpea water to it.
- Add the chickpeas as a second layer, and then add the yogurt mixture.
- Decorate the chickpea fatteh with roasted almonds and cashews and the butter ghee.
- Decorate with pomegranate and parsley (optional).