Homemade Qatayef Recipe
Qatayef is considered the most famous oriental sweets that is served on many occasions, perhaps the most important of which are the breakfasts of the blessed month of Ramadan, as it provides the body of the fasting person with energy and vitality due to the fact that it contains a large amount of calories and fat. And chocolate, etc., and many resort to buying it from the markets, but it can be prepared at home with minimal time and effort, and in this article we will mention how to prepare Qatayef dough.
How To Prepare Fried Qatayef With Cream
Prep: 20 minutes
cook: 10 minutes
- Two hundred grams of each: white flour, liquid milk, and fine semolina.
- Four eggs.
- Half a tablespoon of each: liquid vanilla, instant yeast, and baking powder.
- One and half cup of water.
- A cup of whipped cream, or as needed.
Sugar Syrup Ingredients:
- Two hundred grams of sugar.
- A glass of water.
- A little lemon juice.
How To Prepare:
- To prepare the syrup, put the sugar and water in a saucepan on the fire and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and stir, then remove the syrup from the heat, and set it aside.
- Put the milk, semolina, eggs, flour, vanilla, yeast, water, in addition to the baking powder in a food processor and mix until the ingredients are mixed.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove, then pour a quarter cup of the mixture.
- Leave the katayef on a low heat for five minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Remove the qatayef from the fire, place it on a damp towel, and set it aside until use.
- Repeat the same process .
- Stuff a tablespoon of cream in the Qatayef, then close it in the form of a crescent.
- Put the katayef in the syrup, then leave it for two minutes or until it is completely absorbed.
Simple Qatayef With Cream
Prep: 20 minutes
- Half a tablespoon of each: baking powder, instant yeast.
- A cup and a half of each: white flour, and lukewarm water.
- Half a tablespoon of each: vegetable oil, sugar.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- A cup of cream.
- Three cups of liquid milk.
- Six teaspoons of fine sugar.
- Small tablespoons of vinegar.
- Two cups of syrup or as needed.
- Half a cup of crushed pistachios.
How To Prepare:
- Put the sugar, half the amount of water, and yeast in a bowl and mix, then leave the mixture aside until it ferments.
- Mix the salt and flour in another bowl, then add the yeast mixture, the remaining amount of water and mix until the ingredients are mixed.
- Cover the mixture with a nylon bag, then leave it aside until it ferments.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on the stove, then pour a quarter cup of the mixture into it.
- Leave the katayef on a low heat for five minutes, or until browned in all respects.
- Remove the katayef from the fire, and leave it aside until use.
- Heat the milk in a pot on the stove, then add the vinegar and stir for five minutes.
- Remove the excess cream from the milk, then put it in a bowl on the side.
- Add icing sugar to it and mix until the ingredients are mixed.
- Stuff the qatayef with a tablespoon of cream, then close it in the shape of a crescent.
- Wrap the Qatayef with pistachios, then pour the syrup on it.
Qatayef With Chocolate Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
- Four hundred grams of chocolate.
- 100 grams of coarsely chopped hazelnuts.
- Qatayef is ready.
How to prepare:
- Mix the chocolate, and half the amount of hazelnuts in a bowl.
- Fill the katayef with a tablespoon of the chocolate filling, then close it in the shape of a crescent.
- Sprinkle the rest of the hazelnuts over the katayef.