How to Make Tomato Soup Recipe
How to Make Tomato Soup
This is one of the types of foods that are made by boiling a group of vegetables in boiling and flavoured water. During the month of Ramadan, it is usually the first thing people eat at a dinner table. It is also one of the most important meals for people who want to lose weight because it makes people feel full for a long time and lessens their desire to eat more food during the day. Tomato soup is one of the most popular types of soups that are made and served in restaurants all over the world, and in this article we will show you how to make it at home.
Make a simple tomato soup recipe at home!
- Two carrots, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Two chopped celery.
- Two onions, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Two cloves of garlic, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Two cubes of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Six cups of boiling water.
- Three pieces of fresh tomatoes.
- 400g of tomato paste.
- A handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Half a spoonful of salt.
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Put the oil in a wide pot over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped vegetables, and mix the ingredients well together.
- Leave it for at least a quarter of an hour, with constant stirring, until the carrot cubes cook and the onion color changes.
- Put the boiling water in another deep bowl, and dissolve the broth cubes in it.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes and tomato paste to it, stirring continuously for ten minutes.
- Leave the mixture on a low heat for ten minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, set it aside, and add salt, black pepper and basil to it.
- Put the soup into the electric mixer, and run it for a minute.
- Pour the soup on a serving plate.
Light cream tomato soup
- Six fresh red tomatoes.
- A third of a cup of chopped onions.
- Half a tablespoon of sugar.
- One and a half teaspoons of salt.
- bay leaf.
- Two tablespoons of low-fat butter.
- Three tablespoons of flour.
- Two cups of cold skim milk.
How to prepare
- Put the tomatoes, bay leaf, onions, sugar and salt in a deep saucepan over a medium heat, and leave it for at least five minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, filter the mixture into a special strainer, and mash it well.
- Put the butter in a wide skillet over the fire until it melts, then add the flour and salt to it, and leave the mixture on the fire until bubbles begin to appear on its surface.
- Remove the pot from the heat and gradually add the tomato mixture, and put the pot back on the fire, with constant stirring for five minutes, until it boils well.
- Reduce the heat, and leave the mixture on the fire for at least two minutes.
- Add the hot tomato mixture over the cold milk, heat the mixture a little without boiling it, then serve it directly.
Another variation to making tomato soup is in the video below.