Chicken Kebab (Kofta) Recipe
Kebab (kofta) is a middle eastern BBQ dish made from ground meat mixed with onion, garlic and parsley. It has many variations. For example. the Lebanese kebab (Kofta) is different from the Turkish Adana Kebab. Kebab or Kofta or Kafta is usually made with meat, but in this recipe, we will make it with chicken.
How to prepare Chicken Kebab (Kofta) Recipe?
- 1 kg boneless chicken (preferably thigh fillet)
- 150g lamb fat (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spices
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste (mild or hot according to preference)
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Add the spices; salt, pepper, coriander, paprika, mixed spices
- Add pepper paste and mix with hand.
- Using meat grinder or food processor, put the chicken mixture, onion and garlic and grind well.
- Put the mixture in a bowl, add parsley, and mix very well.
- Put in skewers and grill (you can use an electric grill)
- Serve with your preference of salad, hummus, Baba ghanoush, garlic dip, and Lebanese bread.